Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sympathy

Hello Everyone.  Today's card is one I made with sorrow.  As this post goes live, I will be with my BFF of 24yrs who today says her farewells to her father.  This particular card has been made for her mother.  I've known this family since I was a teenager and spent a lot of time in their home and remember this man for the little things, quietly reading the paper, playing scrabble with his mother (who lived nearby), his love (at the time) of Jive Bunny and mostly, taking his wife ballroom dancing.  They would dress up and go out to the balls and love to dance.  Many years have passed since those days and these last years have not been kind to this special couple and now he is gone.

This lady likes blue, so it's with the calm colours of blues and cream that I've created my card.  I've used a base of Very Vanilla and overlaid a panel of vanilla that has been cut with Spellbinders A2 Bracket Borders One.  The next panel is Baja Breeze stamped with Grand Damask Background in Memento Tuxedo Black.  The feature panel is from JustRite's Grateful Hearts Vintage Labels Two, stamped in Tuxedo Black and coloured with Copics (G40, G82, G85, B60, B63, B66, E51).  It's been cut with JustRite's Vintage Labels Two die and matted with vanilla cut with Spellbinders Lacey Ovals and popped up on foam tape.  To finish I've added some Kaisercraft Blush Pearls to the top corners.

Stamps - Grateful Hearts Vintage Labels Two, Grand Damask Background (JustRite)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders A2 Bracket Borders One, Lacey Ovals, JustRite Vintage Labels Two, Kaisercraft Blush Pearls, X-press It Foam Tape.

Thanks so much for visiting today.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty card,Love the blue...

Helen said...

Beautiful card, Darling (love that border!)......a special card to mark the parting of the ways for a special couple. Farewell, Len.

Sparkly Engineer said...

Your coloring is beautiful. I love those blue flowers.

Gab said...

Beautiful card Kathy. Im sure it will be much appreciated. I'm sorry for your loss. My BFF recently lost her dad too

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails